Monday, December 8, 2008

Pat Hill being 'Dogged' by fans

Are you fans done with Pat Hill?

I could just ask that one question, post it, and let the Bulldog fans run rampant with speculation and opinions on whether they think Pat Hill should return to Fresno State or have his final 2 years of his contract bought out. Are you fans really over Pat Hill?

Let's start right here...if Bulldog fans are that done with coach Hill, who do you want instead? Who do you want as the next head coach of the Fresno State Bulldogs? Who is going to lead this team to a WAC title and beyond? That's one thing I haven't heard from anyone, you want Hill gone so badly, yet I haven't heard one name thrown out there to replace Hill. Do you want an internal candidate, one that already knows this team or do you want someone from outside the program?

I read so many articles and comments about how Pat Hill can't win a WAC title...is that all they should be striving for...seriously? So, as long as they win a WAC title, go to a lesser known bowl game or maybe an average bowl game (Holiday Bowl, Poinsettia Bowl) fans would be ok with that? I don't think you can sit there and tell me fans wouldn't tire of that as well...you can try all you want, but I'm not gonna buy it. Soon, they'll be wanting more, as all fans do. They'll be saying "a WAC title isn't good enough anymore."

Pat Hill is the head coach at Fresno State for the next two years and unless his contract is bought out, that's the way it's gonna be. Now, if you have a name you want to throw out there, I'd be more than happy to listen, but I'm tired of hearing "Pat Hill has to go" but noone knows who they want in his place.

My name...and this is one a lot of NFL fans will know, a guy who currently is not coaching but is teaching at San Diego State University and could be in line to replace Chuck Long as the head football coach of the Aztecs. It's long time NFL coach Dennis Green. Don't tell me his name alone wouldn't entice recruits, especially kids coming out of high school. Maybe his name wouldn't interest Fresno State, maybe he's too expensive, but he'd be worth talking to even just to gauge his interest.

1 comment:

FSDogs1 said...

Hey there, just saw your blog come across google alerts today, hadn't seen it before but I'll keep an eye out now.

I, for one, love having Pat Hill as Fresno State coach. I think his vision alone is so fitting for the campus, Fresno community and the Valley that it's almost irreplaceable. My only concern now is that Hill, who can definitely be stubborn, can put all the off-the-field nonsense behind and focus on Bulldog Football and knocking Boise State off its pedestal.

http://www.BulldogBounce.blogspot.com